Saturday Session 1, Talk 4 – Keith B. McMullin, 2nd Counselor of the Presiding Bishopric
- God’s forgiveness is conditional that we forgive others.
- Forgiving a Nazi Guard. Silent prayer “Help me, I can lift my hand. I can do that much, you can supply the feeling.”
- Pattern our lives after the Savior, to reach eternal life and leave the world better than it was.
- “Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.”
Saturday Session 1, Talk 2 – Boyd K. Packer, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Spoke about the duty of the Priesthood in the home
- Presiding Authority always vested in the Father.
- Father is to direct the administration of ordinances in his home.
- Father presides at the table, prayer and general instruction to the family whenever he is present.
- Soldier with orders to Vietnam asked president Harold B. Lee for a blessing. Turned him down and told him to ask his father.
- 2 years later, the soldier said he did as was asked and he felt the power of the priesthood.
- Another time a young man was to be set apart as an Elder, Bro. Packer, told him his father was to do it. Good thing he was an Elder, or else he would have had a “Battlefield commission.” 🙂
Saturday Session 1, Talk 1 – Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church, Prophet
- 180 years since the church was organized.
- Told the story of how his Grandfather brought his future wife’s family to the gospel.