Saturday Session 1, Talk 1 – Richard G Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Topic was on the Holy Ghost
- Learn to use the Holy Ghost by faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
- We become weaker as we learn to use the Holy Ghost.
- They want us to learn to use the Holy Ghost.
- Our Confidence will grow in using the Holy Ghost with practice.
- Holy Ghost Teaches Us in all situations.
- Sunday School Class – Writing Down Feelings, Review by Reading, Prayed about it, Received confirmation, received more information.
- If he had not prayed about it on the first impression, he would not have had the most precious last piece of information that he has received.
- Impression can come to pray at any time, we must exercise our agency to exercises the spirit to guide us.
- Strong emotions can overwhelm the spirit. “Trying to save the delicate flavor of a grape, while eating a jalapeno pepper. Both flavors are present, but one overpowers the others.” – strong emotions overcome the delicate promptings of the holy spirit.
- Satan tries to limit our ability to use the Holy Ghost. Making us feel we can’t use the spirit or by doing other things – pornography. Pornography is selfishness.
- If you pray with all your fever of your soul and with gratitude, you can learn to be consistently guided by the holy spirit in all aspects of our life.
- We can personally learn to be guided by the Spirit.