Saturday Session 2, Talk 6, Jeffery R. Holland, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Don’t serve “unwanted thoughts” tea and crumpets… shouldn’t be drinking tea anyway. 🙂
- Always remember him (Christ). Every Sunday we promise to do it during sacrament, so we should.
- I will “give place no more for the enemy of my soul” – Nephi (2 Nehpi 4:28)
Sunday Session 5, Talk 1 – Jeffery R. Holland, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- There is one kind of latter day destruction that has sounded more personal … spiritual destruction
- Held in his hand the very Book of Mormon that Hyrum had read.
- Direct Testimony and Quote:
“One cannot come into full faith in this latter day work and thereby find the fullness measure of peace of comfort of these are times until he or she embraces the divinity of the book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ of whom it testifies. If anyone is foolish enough or misled enough to reject 531 pages of a here before unknown text, teaming with literary and symbolic complexity without honestly attempting to account for the origin of those pages somehow. Especially, without accounting for their powerful witness of Jesus Christ and their profound spiritual impact, that witness has had on what is now tens of millions of readers…if that’s the case, then such persons, elect or otherwise have been deceived. And if they leave this church, they must do so by crawling over or under or around the book of Mormon to make their exit. In that sense, the book is what Christ himself was said to be a stone of stumbling and a rock of offensive, a barrier in a path of one who wishes not to believe in this work. Witnesses, even witnesses who for a time hostile to Joseph, testified to their death that they had seen an angel and had handled the plates…”