- Speaking to the mothers and daughters of the church.
- “Mothers and daughters play a critcal role in helping each other explore their infinite possibilites despite the undermining influence of the world in which womanhood and motherhood are being corrupted and manipulated.”
- God’s forgiveness is conditional that we forgive others.
- Forgiving a Nazi Guard. Silent prayer “Help me, I can lift my hand. I can do that much, you can supply the feeling.”
- Pattern our lives after the Savior, to reach eternal life and leave the world better than it was.
- “Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.”
Saturday Session 1, Talk 1 – Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church, Prophet
- 180 years since the church was organized.
- Told the story of how his Grandfather brought his future wife’s family to the gospel.
Sunday Session 5, Talk 8 – Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church, Prophet
-Read and study the conference talks in the November Ensign. It will inspire us. Incorporate the truths into our daily lives.
-Book of Mormon, Book of Ether Quote: Ye cannot cross this great deep, save I prepare you against the waves of the sea and the winds which have gone forth and the floods which shall come.
Sunday Session 5, Talk 7 – D. Todd Christofferson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Moral Agency, the right to make choices and account for those choices.
- WW II – James E. Faust was in enlisted in the US Army.
- Asked the question “In times of war, should not the morale code be relaxed? Does not the stress of battle justify men in doing things they would not do while at home under normal situations?”
- Answered “I do not believe there is a double standard of morality.”
- Moral Discipline is the practice of exercising agency to choose the right, just be cause it is right.
- Discipline’s root word is Disciple.
- The more of God’s laws we obey, the fewer laws we need on earth.
- Morale Discipline is learned at home.
- Teach your children while you have them and convert them while they are with you.
- Book of Mormon quote: “Wickedness never was happiness”
- His mother’s quick correction put an abrupt end to his life of crime! 🙂
- Discipline needs to be founded on faith in Heavenly Father and the son and what we can achieve with atonement of Jesus Christ.
- God is our Father, his son Jesus is our redeemer. Their law is immutable, truth everlasting and love is infinite.
Sunday Session 5, Talk 5 – Michael T. Ringwood, of the Seventy
- What causes mighty change? As in the Laminites?
- Easiness and willingness to believe in god comes from the softness of heart that is: Sensitive to the Holy Ghost, can love, will make and keep sacred covenants, feel the power of the atonement of Christ.
- The daily living of the gospel brings about a soft heart that brings an easiness and willingness to believe.
- Periods with a soft heart: marriage, birth a child, intense service from a calling or mission, in our youth with leaders and bishop, trials, growth from learning for the first time of the Gospel.
- Most significant period is childhood, easy to receive the world of god taught by parents and grand parents.
- Obedience will bring soft hearts, scripture study and prayer will bring soft hearts.
Sunday Session 5, Talk 4 – Dale G. Renlund, of the Seventy
- Heart Transplant, body will naturally (as the natural man) reject the new heart.
- Medication must be taken daily and with exactness.
- Heart Health must be monitored.
- Patience Become casual with medicine and monitoring. – They feel good for all is well.
- Consider the state of your changed heart.
- If ye have experienced the change of heart…can you feel so now?
- Are you humble? Free of pride and envy/ Kind to your fellow man?
- Pray and read scriptures every day keep your changed heart.
- Do not be casual about those small actions.
- Partake of the Sacrament each week and have the Holy Ghost as your constant companion.
- In homes, talk of, rejoice in and preach of Christ.
- Frequently biopsy our changed heart. The tendencies of the natural man will reject a changed heart if not kept in check.
Sunday Session 5, Talk 3 – Brent H. Hielson, of the Seventy
- Kimball’s Prophetic Address that challenged the Church to stronger missionary work.
- The rising generation is the fulfillment of prophesy of the Gospel blanketing the earth.
- Scripture Quote Matthew 28:18-20 – Teach all nations
- Jacob – Olive Tree Story, working in the vineyard.
- The Savior said to Peter and Andrew: “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men”
- The new generation should do their part and teach all nations.
Sunday Session 5, Talk 2- Quentin L. Cook, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Rationalization will be seen in their true light.
- Repentance means the Lord will forgive and FORGET your sins.
- Our Family/Children:
- Remember that having religious observance at home is as important as providing food, clothing and shelter.
- Children are accountable for time/talents are increasingling subject to foolishness and unrighteousness that are pervasive in the world.
- Family Proclamation: “Individuals who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand responsible before God.”
- Caring for the poor and those in need
- We are Stewards of those in need. “If any man shall take of the abundance which I have made and impart not his portion of the poor and the needy, he shall with the wicked lift up his eyes in hell, being in torment.
- Accountable as stewards of earthly blessings the Lord has provided.
- Our Family/Children:
- Emulate Jesus
Sunday Session 5, Talk 1 – Jeffery R. Holland, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- There is one kind of latter day destruction that has sounded more personal … spiritual destruction
- Held in his hand the very Book of Mormon that Hyrum had read.
- Direct Testimony and Quote:
“One cannot come into full faith in this latter day work and thereby find the fullness measure of peace of comfort of these are times until he or she embraces the divinity of the book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ of whom it testifies. If anyone is foolish enough or misled enough to reject 531 pages of a here before unknown text, teaming with literary and symbolic complexity without honestly attempting to account for the origin of those pages somehow. Especially, without accounting for their powerful witness of Jesus Christ and their profound spiritual impact, that witness has had on what is now tens of millions of readers…if that’s the case, then such persons, elect or otherwise have been deceived. And if they leave this church, they must do so by crawling over or under or around the book of Mormon to make their exit. In that sense, the book is what Christ himself was said to be a stone of stumbling and a rock of offensive, a barrier in a path of one who wishes not to believe in this work. Witnesses, even witnesses who for a time hostile to Joseph, testified to their death that they had seen an angel and had handled the plates…”