OK, not really back from the dead. Just back from limbo. I am sorely guilty of not writing in a journal for what looks like almost eight years! I’ve started to before, but you know it goes – you get busy with life.
Here is a short update on my life:
- I consider myself still a very active member of the Church and attend religiously (ha ha!)
- I’ve been in Boy Scouts for over 10 years. I really enjoyed it. I’ve been a 11 Year Old Scout Leader, an Assistant Scout Leader / Deacons Quorum Adviser, and now I’m a Scoutmaster and 2nd Counselor in the Young Men’s Presidency.
- In 2013 I was blessed to Baptize my third son.
- This past March in 2018 I was able to baptize my younger brother. This, really through no effort of my own. He had been engaged and married to another member of the church.
- I’ve been through literally four ward splits and a stake realignment / creation of a new stake without even moving.
I hope that one day my family will find this when I am gone and be able to read my thoughts and feelings that I’ve had through my journey of life. I am guilty of being closed off, playing the strict or hard parent, or constantly busy with work.
The time is coming when my oldest son will be turning eighteen and then they will start leaving the home. I am realizing that I only have a few short years left before they leave then I will have an empty home!
I’m hoping to pick up the habit of posting again. I know the Mormon online presence these days are HUGE and I am but a drop in the bucket, but if I can help one person then I consider it worth it.