Saturday Session 2, Talk 6, Jeffery R. Holland, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Don’t serve “unwanted thoughts” tea and crumpets… shouldn’t be drinking tea anyway. 🙂
- Always remember him (Christ). Every Sunday we promise to do it during sacrament, so we should.
- I will “give place no more for the enemy of my soul” – Nephi (2 Nehpi 4:28)
Saturday Session 2, Talk 5, David A. Bednar, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- While driving, saw a sign stating ” Standing Water Ahead.” He was able to slow down and take the road safely.
- Signs of danger
- Early warning signals in many aspects of our lives.
- We live in a day of warning.
- “Watching with all perseverance.” – Apostle Paul (Ephesians 6:18)
- Reading and talking about BoM with Children
- BoM is the complete gospel of Jesus Christ. Most Correct upon the earth, restores plain and precious things taken away from the gospel.
- Invites the 3rd member of the god head, the holy ghost. Help us get nearer to go than any other book. Discussions of gospel / principles of the BoM provide opportunity to learn from and teach our children.
- Bearing testimony of gospel truths spontaneously with children
- Knowledge we receive from the HG is a result of revelation. Need a sincere heart, real intent and faith in christ.
- Personal testimony brings responsibility and accountability. Bear testimony to their children spontaneously.
- Inviting children as gospel learners to act, not merely be acted upon.
- Inviting children to act. Our free agency makes us agents… agents to act, not to be acted upon. Builds upon BoM and testimony.
- Doing these things will give us spiritual discernment to enable us to stand as watchmen on the tower for our families.
Saturday Session 2, Talk 2, D. Todd Christofferson, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Translations and making it widely available.
- Gratitude to those who wrote the scriptures.
- We were not there, but know these things since we have the scriptual references of what happened.
- It helps us not forget what earlier generations and us have learned.
- Scriptures are standards for truth and knowledge
Saturday Session 2, Talk 1, L. Tom Perry, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Reflecting on the training of his / our mothers.
- Parents are entrusted with the education of their children.
- Parents must ensure that their children are being taught what their heavenly father would have them learn.
- A parent’s teachings must never be devalued.
- Parents should teach their children in the home, it is increasingly important in today’s world.
Saturday Session 2, Talk 1, Brook P. Hales, Secretary to the First Presidency
- Number of Stakes – 2,865
- Missions 344
- Districts 616
- Total wards and branches – 28,424
- Church Membership – 13,824,854
- New children of record – 119,722
- Converts baptized – 280,106
- Full time missionaries – 51,736
- Temples dedicated – 2
- Total temples in operation – 130 (Draper Utah and Oquirrh Mountain Utah)
An official press release has been released from the church as well, here.
Saturday Session 1, Talk 7 – Henry B. Eyring, 1st Counselor of the First Presidency
- Exercise faith in Jesus Christ, have a broken heart, repent and be: cleansed, changed and strengthened through the Lord’s atonement.
- Harder to do so, than to exercise faith early in your life.
- Assigned to help and rescue, strengthen and lead those who have been lead away, back to safety.
- Family has an opportunity at the start of a child’s life to lead and guide them.
- Primary workers help strengthen the children.
- Aaronic Priesthood, during sacrament prayer hears the promise of the holy ghost they will receive one day.
- We can all help, formal callings are not necessary.
Saturday Session 1, Talk 5 – Wilford W. Andersen, Of the Seventy
- Hope comes from faith in Jesus Christ.
Saturday Session 1, Talk 4 – Keith B. McMullin, 2nd Counselor of the Presiding Bishopric
- God’s forgiveness is conditional that we forgive others.
- Forgiving a Nazi Guard. Silent prayer “Help me, I can lift my hand. I can do that much, you can supply the feeling.”
- Pattern our lives after the Savior, to reach eternal life and leave the world better than it was.
- “Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.”